Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Family Reunion - Saturday

Mike's sister saw an ad for a doughnut place nearby that makes fresh doughnuts to order, so she and I made plans to get up early and pick some up for breakfast.  I woke up earlier than I needed to, so I got up and got dressed and was able to watch the most incredible sunrise over the beach.  There were lots of people out doing the same thing and it was a cool, clear morning so there wasn't anything to interrupt the view.  It was an amazing way to start the day!

We found the doughnut place and brought them back for everyone.  They were very good, but SO filling.  I felt like I needed the rest of the day to actually digest the ones I ate.  It was a cool enough morning that the kids didn't want to get in the pool, so I took our girls back to the shopping center at the end of the street to look through the rest of the stores we missed when we had to leave to get back for the boat trip.  I finally found the magnets our son needed, too, so it was worth the trip!  We got a couple of little souvenirs for them and went back to the house for the rest of the day.

The girls ended up out on the beach with Mike's sister-in-law, making drip castles, and our son went out to boogie board for a while.  When I saw that the waves were the best we've seen, I couldn't resist, so I got my suit on and grabbed a board to join him.  It was great fun and we spent over an hour out there riding whatever we could catch.  I finally got cold and passed the board off to Mike.

The rest of the crew came out to start the traditional bolo tournament.  I was paired with Mike's sister, but the two of us just couldn't manage to out-score the other teams, so we were eliminated early on.  The final rounds took place a little later in the day, after the boys returned the bike.  Once again, Jeremy and Mike were the bolo champions, retaining their title from two years ago.

Mike's sister made salad, spaghetti, and garlic bread for dinner.  After we ate, it was FINALLY time for the Cousins' Birthday, which the kids had been (im)patiently waiting for all day.  They passed out their presents to each other and opened them all at the same time.  Everyone seemed pretty happy with their gifts!  We all had cake for dessert and then started gathering our things to pack since we were leaving the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment