Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Family Reunion - Thursday

I got up at a reasonable hour this morning and went for a run to start my day.  Instead of going to the gym, I decided to go out on the road, which I haven't done in ages.  It's always harder for me to run on the road - I think I actually run faster when I don't have a machine setting my pace - so it was not easy to keep going for an hour.  I did manage to make it out and back, though, and felt pretty good by the time I was done.  I was really ready to be finished, though!

By the time I got back, the kids were up and in the pool.  We gave them some time to swim and I got cleaned up and then we headed out to find the Salty Dog store on a part of the island we hadn't seen before.  After checking out all the stores in the little shopping area, we all piled back into our cars and moved on to yet another shopping area, called Harbor Town.  We had lunch at The Crazy Crab there, which was delicious - the kids even asked if they could go back there some day, it was so good.  The rest of the family stayed to wander around the shops and we went back to the house to wait for a friend of ours to come visit.

After our last trip to Hilton Head, I got in touch with a friend of ours from high school, who happens to live in Greenville, South Carolina.  I let him know that we were going to be back, so he decided to come over to visit for the afternoon.  We spent some time hanging out on the beach and in the pool, catching up, since we hadn't seen each other in twenty years.  He joined us for dinner - enchiladas made by Mike's siter-in-law, which were wonderful! - and then hung out with the family while the kids made s'mores in the backyard for dessert.  He then went back to his hotel for the night and the rest of us ended our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment