Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We had a lovely day today. We all wore our green (sorry, forgot to take pictures) and the kids had some fun activities at school. The highlight for them was the Irish dance troupe that came and performed for the school and now our older daughter is dancing around the house trying to imitate them. To be honest, if she was interested in doing some kind of dance, I think that would be the perfect type for her - non-stop motion and very high energy! The older two had swimming this afternoon and then we came home so I could get dinner done for all of us. I did corned beef, which seems intimidating, but there is absolutely no easier way to do a big hunk of meat. I got a 3-pound corned beef brisket and put it in the crockpot (my second crockpot meal this week!) with an onion, 3 cloves of garlic, some peppercorns, and 2 bay leaves, covered it with water (about 2 cups), and turned it on high. 5 1/2 hours later - dinner! It was really good, too - very tender and tasty. I served it with twice-baked potatoes that I made myself and steamed asparagus. It always surprises me when a meal I plan and make turns out really good and this one was really tasty and actually quite easy. I will definitely do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment