Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Cookie Monster

No he's not blue, but he did eat 2 dozen oatmeal raisin cookies this afternoon.

I made a batch of cookies this afternoon for my son's birthday celebration at school tomorrow. They finished up just in time for me to leave to pick the two older kids up from school, so I left them on the counter to cool, covered by towels. I had a brief thought that they might be in jeopardy, but I really didn't have any choice since they were too warm to put into containers. I just hoped that Zatarain would ignore them and I could put them away when we got home.

No such luck. We got home and Zatarain immediately went out to his dog run and didn't come back in. Never a good sign. I walked through the kitchen and sure enough, he had eaten all but 6 of the cookies. We'll see how this comes out in the end (get it?). I'm sure it won't be funny when he's running for the door at 3 am.

So I had to make another batch, but I didn't have any Crisco left and I had to take Zatarain to his obedience class (fat lot of good that's done!) this evening. That meant heading to the grocery store at 9:00 tonight to get Crisco, and since I was there, I figured I might as well get the things I need to make soup tomorrow. I finally got home at 9:40 and got the cookies finished by 10:30. At least I don't have to go to the store again tomorrow. And I get the adoration of my son for making him the cookies he asked for, which makes it all worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment