Thursday, June 25, 2009

Round-to-it Recommends - Identification

Personal identification can literally save your life, even if you don't have a specific medical condition that requires you to wear it all the time. Here are two companies that I have used and can recommend their products.

1) Road ID
I have the wrist ID for myself for when I work out or race and I have them for each of my kids for when we travel or go to places where they might get lost. They know that once we go through security at the airport, their wrist bands go on and they don't come off until we get to our destination. Their bands have their names, my and my husband's cell numbers, their blood types, birth dates, and allergies. Mine has my name, contact information for my husband, and my medical information.

2) Lauren's Hope medical ID bracelets
In the past, if you had to wear a medical bracelet, you only had the option of a silver chain bracelet or a dog tag, both of which were noticeable and not attractive. This company designs interchangeable bracelets that are really pretty, but still attach to a medical tag to let responders know about your medical condition. I have ordered from them a couple of times and their bracelets arrive very quickly and look very nice. You can also buy just a new bracelet and attach it to your old tag, so you don't need to get a new tag if you want to wear a different bracelet. The one downside is that they don't have an online contact service, so if you have complicated medical needs that can't be easily explained on a tag, these won't really work for you. But for most people, these will work just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment