Friday, July 10, 2009

Great America

We went to Great America (the amusement park that is 5 minutes from our house) for the day yesterday. I took the kids in the morning and Mike joined us after his lunch meeting for the rest of the afternoon. The last couple of years it's been basically useless for me to take the kids on my own, because our son wanted to do the bigger rides, but needed an adult to go with him and the girls were too little to do much of anything. This year, our son is tall enough to do most of the rides, with the exception of the most dramatic coasters, on his own and he is very set up with himself over that. It makes my life dramatically easier because I can let him go on a bigger ride while I take the girls on something more tame in the same general area. The same was true in the water park - he went on the big slides on his own and I watched the girls on the smaller slides and in the pool.

It was a very fun day for all of us. It was great to have Mike there for the afternoon so we could divide an conquer and everyone got to do the things they wanted. It was a long day - we were there 10:30 to 7:15 - and our little one fell asleep as soon as she got into the car. The kids can't wait to go back and do it all again and it was so much fun that I'm actually willing to go back, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment