Saturday, July 25, 2009

Just Sitting Around

I've discovered that my tolerance for laying around on the couch is 3 days. Two of those days were in a Vicodin-induced haze, so my real tolerance may very well be much lower, but it's now day 4 and I'm sick of sitting on the couch.

There have been some pluses. I've read a book and a half so far, kept up with the happenings on Facebook, and increased my score in Bejeweled. My kids and my husband have been waiting on me hand and foot, which is quite a treat. I can take a nap whenever I want, which is less frequently now that I've taken a bunch of naps and stopped loading up on pain meds. I haven't had to cook for anyone in 4 days.

But for someone like me who rarely sits still, it's hard to feel useful in 10 minute increments. I should be making better use of my time sitting around. I have pictures to put into frames; I could be training the dog; I have outgrown kids' clothes to fold and pack away; I have a photo book to finish and a pile of "stuff" from the desk to sort out. Instead I'm sitting here not doing any of those things. Ah well, there's always the other foot.

2 comments:

  1. To say nothing of *my* tolerance for you laying around on the couch....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been phenomenally patient through it all, my dear!

    ReplyDelete