Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back on Schedule

Last week was spring break for the kids. I can't stand spring break. It's not long enough to get onto a vacation schedule, but it's too long to stay on school schedule, so we end up with all of us getting on each other's nerves from being together without a plan for too long. Luckily, my parents came mid-week and that helped break things up for us. I, of course, forgot to take any pictures of my kids with their grandparents while they were here. Doh. Maybe I can photoshop something together to make it look like I was the responsible parent I meant to be.

The highlight of my parents' visit was our trip to Great America. Before our third child came along, we had season passes and even though the kids were too little to go on any of the real rides, they loved the water park and the kiddie rides. And it made sense to go since we live about 5 minutes away. Now with one who likes the big roller coasters, one who can ride the kiddie rides on her own, and one who can't stand any rides except the carousel, it doesn't seem worth going very often. Which means, they were very excited to go this past weekend. It turned out to be a beautiful day, the crowds were light, and no one had a meltdown. A stellar day, in my book. Our son rode his first looping roller coaster and loved it, but didn't want to go back on it later because he thought the tunnel was scary (never mind the loops!). Our older daughter tried a medium-sized coaster and didn't like it, but still loved the kiddie ones. And she and her brother had a blast going on rides together without an adult. We may go back once or twice more this season.

Now they are back in school and we're back to our normal schedule. The kids are in bed by 7, I'm doing laundry on my regular days (Wednesdays and Sundays), and the extras, like soccer and swimming, are back in full swing. I think I'm ready for a a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment