Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thursday

It's been a busy few days.

Thursday was the baby's music class, Music Together, which is usually pretty fun. I've been doing the same class for 6 1/2 years now, since my oldest was a year old, so all of the music is REALLY familiar - I think I'm on my third time through the series of collections. I keep going back, though, because my little one enjoys it and is just naturally musical (she sings ALL the time and is remarkably in tune) and the instructor is the most amazingly talented man I have ever seen. During the course of a session, he will play the mandolin, violin, viola, saw, banjo, and possibly others, plus you can see he genuinely loves what he's doing. He also loves to have the class do rounds and partner songs, which are my favorites (try getting some people together and singing "When the Saints Go Marching In", "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", and "This Train is Bound for Glory" at the same time. Really cool!)

After that, we hit the garden center to get a few things to fill out the garden. I needed one more tomato plant and a few other random vegetables, plus a couple more bags of compost. I also got a tangerine tree to put in my big planter, so hopefully the girls will have home-grown tangerines in the future (my son doesn't like oranges in any form). I put my tomatoes on our front porch in pots this year, since the last couple of years they have completely overgrown my garden and kept anything else from growing. I'll have to keep them a bit more tame than I have in the past to keep them from overwhelming the pots, but they should do really well out there since the porch gets so much direct sun in the summer. Once things are starting to really come up, I'll post some pictures and keep you updated on the progress.

My son's tae kwon do class got moved from Friday to Thursday due to the school's fundraising auction on Friday night, so we had a later evening than usual. The baby fell asleep on the way home and REALLY didn't want to wake up, so she refused her dinner, had a quick bath, and went to bed. She didn't seem to miss not eating. My son was very proud that he got another stripe on his belt during class for learning his one-steps (he already has one for forms), so he only needs one more (for three-steps) to be ready for his next test. He is currently a blue-green belt, which is his sixth belt, and will go for a blue belt next time. It's taken him a long time to like the sport, but this year he finally enjoys it and has really taken to the forms. He even makes up his own, but he can rarely remember all of the motions he's put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment