Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Rather Blustery Day

We had a seriously windy and cold day today. At one point, the 2 older kids were attempting to play outside. My son came in and said, " Guess how many layers of clothes I have on!". I guessed three. He was sorely disappointed when I got it right. I just happened to be wearing the same number of layers - inside! His sister came in with her fleece zipped up over her mouth and her hair looking like it had been done by a leaf-blower (okay, that's not unusal for her, but you get the idea). Needless to say, they didn't stay out for very long, so I was treated to the ruckus the two of them decided to kick up while I was trying to edit some articles for our national dog club's magazine. Luckily, the little one was still asleep, so she wasn't getting caught up in the middle of the melee.

Since the kids are on spring break this week, I've been taking advantage of the free child care at the Y. An hour and a half each day is something not to be wasted! My legs are killing me from my last 2 workouts (ran for an hour on Monday and did an hour of cycling today), but at least I don't feel guilty about eating those doughnuts for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment