Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Round-to-it Recommends

This week's recommendations are for the grown-ups.

1) Acorn slippers
They don't make the exact model I have, but I would definitely buy any of their slippers again. I LOVE these things! I wear them around the house all the time and they are extremely comfortable. To the point that I have forgotten I have them on and gone to a friend's for dinner. Looked a bit funny, but I was comfortable! Mine are a suede outside and sheepskin inside and look a bit like elf shoes, but I don't really care because of how they feel. Did I mention these are seriously comfortable?

2) Parcel 104 Restaurant
This is our favorite restaurant in the Bay Area. It is in the unlikely location of the Santa Clara Marriott, which is great for us because it is about 5 minutes from our house. The current chef, Anthony Ippolito, is the nicest guy and an amazing chef. We really think the food, which has always been good, has gotten even better since he took over. They do several special dinners during the year, including the Wine and Cheesemakers Dinner, where every course has some kind of cheese in it, and the 104-Mile Dinner, where all of the ingredients (and I mean ALL of them) come from within 104 miles of the restaurant (good thing we live in California and not in Nebraska or it'd be pretty slim pickin's). There aren't really words to adequately describe how much we like this place, aside from saying that any time we get an evening out, this is where we head. Just go and check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment